I came across a very weird example recently. There's this ma

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Post Reply
User avatar
Vertical Inc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

I came across a very weird example recently. There's this ma

Post by Vertical Inc » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:18 am

I came across a very weird example recently. There's this manga called Jinki by Tsunashima Shirou that dates back to 2000 ended with 4 volumes under Square Enix. He continued the series with sequels(or spin-offs, not sure) but switching different publishers each time like Mag Garden, Media Works, and Fujimi Shobo. Not asking about you publishing it for obvious reasons, but in similar situations what negotiations can be done if you found a manga that switched publishers in a similar fashion?

It varies. Sometimes you have to go to each publisher. Sometimes the most recent one may have the rights to the other books. It really depends.
I have no idea about the JINKI situation. But I’d try to avoid situations like these.




Post Reply