I recently heard you express interest in publishing the Patl

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Post Reply
User avatar
Vertical Inc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

I recently heard you express interest in publishing the Patl

Post by Vertical Inc » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:05 pm

I recently heard you express interest in publishing the Patlabor manga on an episode of ANNCast. Is it just a thing that won't happen unless hell freezes over since it's a Shogakukan title, or is there actually some hope for it? Just wanted to express my interest on the topic. Also, great work with Origin as usual.

Yup Shogakukan is completely out of our reach. To be honest, I personally was contacted by HeadGear about publishing PatLabor a few years ago but once I mentioned Shogakukan’s situation with Viz they stopped all communication.
So nope, as I mentioned in the ANNcast, Vertical will never publish it. Zac and that person on twitter were asking me a hypothetical set in a perfect world where exclusivity issues do not exist and vanity projects were feasible.




Post Reply