I'm not sure how popular historical manga are but would you consider licensing a manga like "Gunka no Baltzar" or "Cesare" in the future? Also, I can't describe how excited I was when I found out that you licensed "Tonari no Seki-kun", I'll definitely pre-order it when the time comes along with "Prophecy", slowly but steadily I'm building my own "Vertical shrine"!
Interesting question… Have you read Wolfsmund? It is a reimagining of the legend of William Tell and the Swiss Revolution.
Now, to answer your question. Yes to both. However, we have no plans for either.
I guess in general especially for a small publisher as sample sizes are small it is hard to tell if historical fiction works. Buddha is a top-seller for us. Ayako has done quite well also.
Some of Dark Horse’s Koike works do great, while others might fall short of expectations. I wonder how Vinland Saga is doing… And I know the Mizuki historical books were major flops (I hope Kitaro does better.) A Bride Story does well, and I think the price point helps it a bit. So it varies.
Ad blocker detected: Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker on our website.
I'm not sure how popular historical manga are but would you
Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
- Vertical Inc
- Senior Member

- Posts: 1696
- Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am
I'm not sure how popular historical manga are but would you
Post by Vertical Inc » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:41 pm
Jump to
- General
- ↳ Forum News
- ↳ General Discussion
- ↳ Latest User Blog Posts
- ↳ Latest Anime News
- ↳ Quotes & Moments
- ↳ Humor
- ↳ Photoshop Wars
- ↳ Anime OST and Jpop
- ↳ Manga
- ↳ Latest Manga News
- Series Specific Discussion
- ↳ Series: # - M
- ↳ Ah! My Goddess
- ↳ Bleach
- ↳ Card Captor Sakura
- ↳ Code Geass
- ↳ Cowboy Bebop
- ↳ Death Note
- ↳ DragonBall
- ↳ Fruits Basket
- ↳ Full Metal Alchemist
- ↳ Gundam Seed
- ↳ Series: N - Z
- ↳ Naruto
- ↳ Neon Genesis Evangelion
- ↳ One Piece
- ↳ Movies: # - Z
- ↳ Movies: Non-Anime
- Editorials
- ↳ Anime Reviews
- Art & Media
- ↳ Fanart
- ↳ Graphics
- ↳ Anime Music Videos
- Events
- ↳ Conventions - General Discussion
- ↳ Conventions - Images & Cosplay
- Video Games
- ↳ Universal Video Game Discussion
- ↳ General Game News and Blog Updates
- ↳ Xbox General Discussion
- ↳ Xbox News and Blog Updates
- ↳ Xbox Clan Chat
- ↳ Team Ripclaw
- ↳ MZFT
- ↳ Playstation General Discussion
- ↳ Playstation News and Blog Updates
- ↳ Playstation News Updates (Japanese)
- Las Vegas Mobsquad
- ↳ Ringtone & Voicemail Requests
- ↳ Mobsquad Discussion
- Omega Script
- ↳ Omega Script Forum/Section
- ↳ Omega Script News
- ↳ Comments/Suggestions
- ↳ Support & Bug Discovery
- Support
- ↳ Support/Questions/Requests