Do you know if Viz still owns everything that was in Animeri

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Post Reply
User avatar
Vertical Inc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

Do you know if Viz still owns everything that was in Animeri

Post by Vertical Inc » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:49 pm

Do you know if Viz still owns everything that was in Animerica? I know you don't work for Viz, but you know everything and they never respond.

Tough question… But let me look into my magic 8-ball. Every contract is different, however I would assume that most Shogakukan titles in Animerica would possibly still be under Viz’s control.
And given that Viz has been resurrecting many of their backlist titles as eBooks, I think that’d be even more likely. (I think I heard they are re-releasing FIREFIGHTER Daigo as an eBook. That series is one of the lowest selling manga in English of all time!!)
Now if that title is not a Shogakukan or Shueisha title, the likelihood is possibly around 50/50.




Post Reply