In your recent reply about manga prices, you said that Witch

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Post Reply
User avatar
Vertical Inc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

In your recent reply about manga prices, you said that Witch

Post by Vertical Inc » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:57 am

In your recent reply about manga prices, you said that Witchcraft Works will have "new color pages, extras" and I am even more pumped on buying them all!! :D Anyways, for AJIN will chapter 5.5 be in volume 1 or 2? Because It started off with some color pages in the scanlations so I'm thinking volume 2. Agh! Sorry for the long ask~

Okay… This is a tough one.
First… Do not base anything you see from a scan site to what you will see in a print edition. Never do that.
Why? Well scans these days are usually taken from magazines and are not the final product. The tankobon, or collected graphic novels, may see numerous changes. There could be changes to the art. The writing might change here and there. In some cases, whole chapters might not be printed in the tankobon. I remember that happening for Chi’s Sweet Home (which was a little surprising). 
So in this case you found a situation where 5.5 is not really that. It is really episode 0. I guess Kodansha printed that after chapter 5 in one of their magazines. Well it they collected that in their release of volume 2. And we will be doing the same. At this time, I am not certain if Kodansha Japan gave us the color files for that chapter. What I do know is there are some other color pages for that book, and those will be included. But yeah at this time I am not certain if the couple AJIN zero pages will be in color or not. Sadly I do not have inDesign on my iPad so I cannot open those files to check. But if I find out I will let you know. Cause if Kodansha did give us those color pages we should be printing them that way.




Post Reply