I know you guys said you're avoiding older manga, but since

Here you will find a collection of some of the latest news on all of your favorite manga collections!
Post Reply
User avatar
Vertical Inc
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

I know you guys said you're avoiding older manga, but since

Post by Vertical Inc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 am

I know you guys said you're avoiding older manga, but since a new volume was just announced maybe it's far game. Any chance of releasing Nagano's Five Star Stories? Beautiful work, I know some chapters were released in English AGES ago... does anyone still have the North American rights? Would be amazing to see it get the hard cover treatment it deserves.

Interesting question… Well, I think the licensing situation for Five Star Stories is not something fans fully understand. But let me try to clear it up, as best as I can.
Nagano’s Five Star Stories is published in Japan by Kadokawa Shoten under their NewType Comics imprint. The English editions were published by Nagano’s own company - Toyspress. Toyspress also handles the Five Star Stories Best of Collections.
So in this case licensing is possibly not much of an option since the creator is already releasing the works in English himself.
That said, with the series relaunching last year (I believe), who knows whether Toyspress will continue with the English releases.




Post Reply