Page 1 of 1

I have a question. For manga, a license rescue when a publis

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:15 pm
by Vertical Inc
I have a question. For manga, a license rescue when a publisher picks up a multi-volume series that got dropped by another publisher for some reason right? What if it's just a single-volume story? Like Ichigeki Sacchu!! HoiHoi-san by Kunihiko Tanaka for example, which according to what I read is a single volume story picked up and already released by Infinity Studios a few years ago but they shut down in time? Does that fall under a license rescue if another publisher picks it up?

The term rescue is a “fan term”. It isn’t used by the industry as a whole. I even had to explain it to my bosses as they were completely unaware of the term and its meaning. And in Japan it has no meaning.

We call it a re-issue under all circumstances and they are treated as such by more financial savvy vendors (generally with a very critical eye).

So, I guess it would. But honestly you as a fan would know better.