I've been looking forward to Insufficient Direction. It seem
Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 am
I've been looking forward to Insufficient Direction. It seems like it will be fun, sweet and a little bit awkward. (Disclaimer: I haven't read it yet, I'm waiting for your release.) I just saw the English cover. It reminded me of Eva due to color choices and type treatment. Do you know if this was a deliberate choice, or am I just seeing something where there is nothing? (It is Times New Roman after all... Not exactly uncommon. But the stretching!)
Yes. It was a deliberate choice from Moyoco Anno.
In the notes section, the very first note is about the font. And yes, it is an Evengelion reference. You will see more of the same inside the book. Hideaki Anno’s quirkiness is all over the book, thoughtfully placed there by his lovely partner Moyoco.
Yes. It was a deliberate choice from Moyoco Anno.
In the notes section, the very first note is about the font. And yes, it is an Evengelion reference. You will see more of the same inside the book. Hideaki Anno’s quirkiness is all over the book, thoughtfully placed there by his lovely partner Moyoco.