Page 1 of 1

Does Insufficient Direction mention the names of Go Nagai an

Posted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:35 am
by Vertical Inc
Does Insufficient Direction mention the names of Go Nagai and/or Osamu Tezuka as Ano's influences? I am a big fanboy of those two mangakas, and if their names are in Insufficient Direction I'd be totally interested into buying the manga.

I do not think there is much Tezuka in Insufficient Direction. Hideaki Anno is more of a sci-fi fan than just a manga an anime fan. However Moyoco does mention Buddha is part of her own personal manga collection in the manga.Regarding Go Nagai… He is mentioned throughout the book. Anime fans might not be aware but Anno directed a live action Cutey Honey movie (which screened briefly in American flim festivals in the mid ’00s). Anno also directed the RE: Cutey Honey OVAs. MARO, DEVILMAN, MAZINGER Z, and GETTER ROBO are a few more Nagai titles mentioned. There are also many references to Ishinomori, especially KAMEN RIDER. And there is a ton…literally dozens of SUPER SENTAI series references. So much Super Sentai…