there are probably no books detailing actual production hist
Posted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:13 am
there are probably no books detailing actual production history of famous works in the anime and manga industry because of the way Japanese companies are, right? I want a book about Yoshiyuki Tomino constantly fighting with his producers and depression or Anno's personal inner apocalypse while making the Eva TV series and End of Evangelion
Hmm… I wonder. I am not into anime that much, even less the animation process. So I would not know.
However, there is a manga about Tezuka that recently won awards in Japan that goes into some pretty good detail about how he worked within both the anime and manga sides. The short stories didn’t always present Tezuka in the best light, but they did illustrate what extremes he and his staff would go through to produce all that content.
Hmm… I wonder. I am not into anime that much, even less the animation process. So I would not know.
However, there is a manga about Tezuka that recently won awards in Japan that goes into some pretty good detail about how he worked within both the anime and manga sides. The short stories didn’t always present Tezuka in the best light, but they did illustrate what extremes he and his staff would go through to produce all that content.